The Head of the Libyan Presidential Council Fayez Al-Sarraj said Wednesday that the Asefat Al-Salam (Peace Storm) Operation had been launched to respond to the violations of the terrorist militias and mercenaries of Khalifa Haftar.
In a statement, Al-Sarraj said his government is a legitimate body that respects international community’s efforts in Libya, adding that the GNA is firstly committed to protect the Libyan people against the ongoing aggression.
He also said that the systematic attacks on civilian neighborhoods in Tripoli didn’t stop despite the announcement of a humanitarian halt of hostilities, thus causing casualties among civilians, including women and children.
Al-Sarraj said his government forces will respond mercilessly to the aggression and won’t sit idly by to watch the repeated terrorist attacks on civilians.
The Head of the Presidential Council, Mohammed Menfi, has met with the UK ambassador to Libya, Caroline Hurndall, in Tripoli and reiterated keenness to hold