The commander of the Tripoli military zone, General Abdelbasit Marwan, has confirmed that several civilians have been killed in airstrikes by Khalifa Haftar’s warplanes on different locations in Al-Sawani.
Likewise, Burkan Al-Ghadab Operation said three civilians had been killed as Haftar’s warplanes targeted a blacksmith storage and workshop.
On Tuesday, a fourteen-year-old child was injured as shells fell on Wali Al-Ahed street on Airport Road – days after a person was killed and six others were injured in Abu Salim municipality in artillery shelling.
Meanwhile, an old woman was killed and several of her family members were injured in airstrikes by Haftar’s warplanes on Sherfat Al-Mallaha near Mitiga Airport in Tripoli, while a student was also injured in airstrikes by Haftar’s forces on the same day.
Haftar’s forces have been intensifying airstrikes on different residential areas in Tripoli. Two days ago, five civilians were killed and over 15 others injured in airstrikes on Ain Zara and Tajoura by Haftar’s forces.
Meanwhile, the UNSMIL said in a statement that it had documented airstrikes by Haftar’s forces on December 26 in Al-Zawiya, saying they killed two civilians and injured eight others leaving public and personal property destroyed.
Prior to the above incidents, UNSMIL and the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (UNHCHR) announced that at least 284 civilian deaths and 363 injuries have been documented in 2019 as a result of the armed conflict following the start of Haftar’s offensive on Tripoli on April 04.