The Turkish ambassador to Libya, Kenan Yilmaz, has reiterated that the Libyan-Turkish memorandum of understanding (MoU) in hydrocarbons is based on the win-win principle, telling Libya Alahrar TV Channel that this and other MoUs between Ankara and Tripoli haven’t targeted the interests of any other country.
The Turkish ambassador said the countries that are criticizing his country’s MoUs with Libya have previously signed similar ones with Tripoli, adding that Ankara has never questioned them or cast doubt on their intentions.
Yilmaz reiterated that when the eastern region looks into the details of the MoUs between Libya and Turkey, it won’t jump to rejection because the agreements clearly maintain the interests of Libya and the Libyan people.
Speaking about the Turkish consulate’ opening in Benghazi, Yilmaz said it could happen on the scheduled time (December 24) if the east-based authorities finish the required preparations.
He also said that lifting visa on Libyans traveling to Turkey is still hindered by some challenges but he hoped this could happen soon, adding that some Turkish firms are resuming work in Libya on projects suspended since 2011.