The senior commander on Salah Al-Deen frontline in southern Tripoli, Mohammed Sl-Mashay, said Burkan Al-Ghadab Operation forces had seized new positions on Khallatat frontline toward Hamza Camp, adding that several fighters from Khalifa Haftar’s militias were killed in the attack.
Al-Mashay told Libya Alahrar TV that the forces of the Government of National Accord are tackling Haftar’s militias with artillery shelling every now and then, adding that they will advance on other frontlines in the coming days.
The spokesman for the media office of Sirte-Jufra field operations room Ahmed Al-Gadi said an uneasy calm has prevailed on frontlines surrounding Abu Grein and Al-Wishka areas.
Al-Gadi said the room’s forces are still monitoring the movements of Haftar’s militias in the area in order to be ready to respond with force to any attacks.
He added that military engineers are continuing their work to remove landmines and explosive devices implanted by Haftar’s terrorist militias in the areas from which they retreated.
In the meantime in Tarhouna, the commander of the support operations of the Anti-terrorism Force, Colonel Abdelbaset Tika, said the forces of the Government of National Accord (GNA) had been laying a siege around the city from three axes as they targeted Haftar’s militias every now and then with precise attacks.
Tika told Libya Alahrar TV that the GNA air force had targeted several locations for Haftar’s militias, including ammunition depots, adding that all forces are awaiting orders to storm the city.
Earlier, the spokesman for the Libyan Army Mohammed Gununu said Saturday that the air force warplanes of the GNA had carried out three airstrikes on Haftar’s terrorist militias in the vicinity of Bani Walid.
He also said that the warplanes had targeted the vicinity of Al-Watiya airbase with four airstrikes, destroying some of Haftar militias’ military vehicles.