The Head of the Remains Search Authority Lutfi Al-Musrati has confirmed unearthing a new mass grave in Tarhouna and retrieving nine bodies.
Al-Musrati told Libya Alahrar TV that the process of retrieving the nine bodies from the new mass grave was documented under the supervision of the Office of the Public Prosecutor.
He also said that the remains of the nine bodies had been sent to the forensics, adding that they had received more information about new bodies inside the mass grave, which they didn’t confirm yet.
After the liberation of Tarhouna on June 05, the forces under the command of the Government of National Accord (GNA) found 106 bodies in the Central Hospital of Tarhouna and 26 bodies in a container outside the hospital.
On June 10, another container was found filled with crammed bodies, including women and children, in Qasir Benghashir in southern Tripoli.
Over 11 mass graves have been found in Tarhouna and its suburbs since June 05, when the GNA forces defeated Haftar’s militias and kicked out of the city.