News

Over $1 billion lost in Libya since Haftar’s oil blockade started

The Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) said on Friday that the suspension of oil exports due to closure of oil fields and ports had caused a loss of more than one billion dollars so far.

The NOC added in a statement on Friday that daily oil production had dropped from more than 1.2 million barrels per day (bpd) to 181,576 bpd, resulting in a total loss of 1.042 billion dollars.

“National Oil Corporation renews its call for all blockades to be lifted to allow the corporation to resume production immediately, for the sake of Libya and its people,” the NOC said.

Loyalists of Khalifa Haftar shut down oil ports and blockaded oil exports over three weeks ago in an attempt to give Haftar a pressure card before the then-Berlin conference, however; the blockade hadn’t been lifted since plunging Libya into a new dilemma coupled with the military and political ones.

Tags
Back to top button
Close