News

Two children killed by landmine explosion in south Tripoli

The media adviser of the Health Ministry of the Government of National Accord (GNA) Ameen Al-Hashimi has said that two children have died and a young man has been injured in a landmine blast at the Kahrabaa crossroads in wadi Rabea, southern Tripoli.

Al-Hashimi told Libya Alahrar TV on Wednesday that the two children who died due to the landmine explosion were from Al-Shamakh family and aged 7 or 8 years.

The media adviser of the Health Ministry of the GNA also said that the Kahrabaa crossroads area in Wadi Rabea had a set-up checkpoint that included ambulance and landmines’ clearance teams.

He explained that the area in wadi Rabea and other places in southern Tripoli were still filled with landmines and explosives that had been left on purpose by Khalifa Haftar’s militias and their foreign mercenaries after they were defeated and driven out of southern Tripoli neighborhoods.

Tags
Back to top button
Close