Two people have been injured by an explosion of a landmine in Buerat Hassoun area between Misrata and Sirte, according to the spokesman for the Sirte-Jufra Operations Room, Abdelhadi Drah.
Drah told Libya Alahrar TV on Saturday that one of the two persons is suffering from a very serious injury after the landmine explosion.
Drah explained that the explosion of the landmine happened in an area between Buerat Hassoun area and Chokepoint 50km.
In the meantime, Human Rights Watch said in a report on Friday that Russia-linked landmines threaten lives in Libya, adding that disturbing news about recent transfers of internationally banned antipersonnel landmines was buried in the latest report of the United Nations Panel of Experts on Libya.
Human Rights Watch indicated that the report showed that antipersonnel mines manufactured in Russia were likely brought into Libya in 2018-2019 despite the UN arms embargo.
It also recalled that it had reported last year the use of antipersonnel landmines and booby traps in southern suburbs of the Libyan capital, Tripoli, after Khalifa Haftar’s militias, supported by several foreign states and armed entities, withdrew from the city.