The commander of the operations and control room Salim Aburawi said frontlines in southern Tripoli had been witnessing an uneasy calm after clashes in the early morning on Al-Ramla frontline.
Aburawi told Libya Alahrar TV on Thursday that the forces of the Government of National Accord (GNA) are working on depicting the locations of artillery weapons that are targeting Tripoli civilian areas, calling on the GNA to exert more efforts to stop the bombing.
The commander added that there had been military reinforcements by Khalifa Haftar’s militias in Qasir Benghashir, Tarhouna and Surman, saying GNA forces are always ready to repel any attempts to advance on Tripoli.
Meanwhile, Haftar’s militias attempted to advance on Al-Aziziya frontline at the beginning of March, using 70 military vehicles coming from Tarhouna to Al-Urban and then to Al-Hira, according to the spokesman for the Libyan Army Mohammed Gununu.
EU refutes UN accusation of facilitating abuse against immigrants in Libya
The European Union (EU) defended on Tuesday its record of helping to relieve the suffering of immigrants in Libya, after UN-backed investigators accused the EU