The commander of the Sirte-Jufra Operations Room Ibrahim Baytelmal has confirmed that there have been military military mobilization and reinforcements by warlord Khalifa Haftar’s militias in the southern region and western Sirte.
Baytelmal told Libya Alahrar TV Sunday night that the military reinforcements of warlord Haftar are violations of the ceasefire agreement, military commission 5+5 understandings and all other ongoing dialogues between the two parties.
He indicated that such endeavors by warlord Haftar aim to derail the political and military dialogues, explaining that the armed forces under the command of the Government of National Accord (GNA) are always ready to repel any attacks by the warlord’s militias.
In the meantime, the spokesman for the Sirte-Jufra Operations Room under the command of the GNA Abdelhadi Drah said they had depicted massive military mobilization for Khalifa Haftar’s forces in Benghazi and other east Libyan cities moving toward the western region.
Drah told Libya Alahrar TV that Haftar’s forces had been mobilizing in Sirte port and in Jufra, saying the warlord could be preparing for violating the ceasefire agreement and all solution efforts to the Libyan crisis as well as the agreements made by the 5+5 joint military commission.